Treatment : Braces & Implants
Orthodontic treatment is finished to correct the mal-aligned teeth. At JDCC, our orthodontic remedy includes visits along with session, document series, treatment making plans, and retention. Jaw Fracture Treatment in Jamnaga
All through the consultation, patients might be tested clinically by our professional orthodontists. If you decide to continue with treatment, an appointment is made to gather statistics.
- Impressions from which plaster models of the enamel are constructed.
- Snap shots of the teeth and face.
- X-rays of the tooth and jaws.
- In treatment planning, we discuss and make the plan. The plan is created by formulating and using information collected from the previous dental visits. Later, arrangements are made to begin the treatment.
- Any decayed teeth are filled and sometimes cleaned before orthodontic treatment is started by our orthodontists.
- After the completion of the active part of orthodontic treatment, we remove the braces and apply retainers to hold the teeth steady in their new position. Retainers may be removable plates or wires altered behind the teeth.
- Retainers play a vital role in braces treatment. If the retainers are not applied according to instructions, the teeth may move back towards their original position.
Frequently Asked Questions for Braces & Implants
After bonding the dental braces, it takes about 1-2 hours for the process to finish.
Usually, orthodontists do not recommend tooth extraction for fixing teeth braces. But if there is a serious crowding issue, one or two teeth per arch need to be removed.
There is a variety of braces available and it depends on the patient getting them. If the patient wishes so, they can even get transparent/ceramic braces as well.
Getting or having braces is not painful. However, slight discomfort and soreness are usual after getting them. Apart from this, metal braces may feel to be a little tight after getting them readjusted on a follow-up visit to the orthodontist.
The total duration of wearing dental braces depends on multiple factors that include the condition of teeth and compliance to oral care practices. Usually, the duration may vary from 18-36 months.
While wearing dental braces, one must definitely avoid any carbonated drinks, sticky food, and crunchy food including ice and popcorn.